Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life won't stop to see we cry.


I'm proud of myself today. I reached out to a friend who has been having some serious issues in her love life. Her story is the 'hung-up-on-the-guy-but-he's-an-ass' story. I know that as of the late, many people have become fed up with her story and tired of what she's going through. As much as know that her story's the same over and over again, I just know much better that it's hard to let go of something that's everything you want. All she wanted was someone to care about her, to love her a little, and to be honest with her. But she didn't get that. So she asked for a best friend because he said he could be one, but that seemed like it was too much too. I broke it to her in pieces that he was once a great thing, a good thing. And sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together. I think she's finally came to the realization that no matter how many people or how many times we advise her to get away from him, in the end, it's whether or not she wants to move.

I believe that she now knows that she's spent too much time and she put in so much effort into this relationship and friendship. He'll always be that boy to her and when it comes down to the point where she breaks it all off, she might miss him and slightly regret it. However, he's that boy who's going to hold her back when there's six billion other people in this world waiting to make a difference in her life. You've got to know that you've got something in you that makes you special and you have to appreciate yourself enough to make people treat you right. If someone doesn't treat you right, then they're missing out on that special piece of you. I know that sometimes I'm a hypocrite, but this time, I took my own advice first before I gave this piece of advice.

I've been there, hung up on a guy I mean. Unlike my friend, I do get into a relationship with him but, the one time that I got something back out of this one sided thing was somewhere in months ago. I got a lot more than I bargained for. And in that moment, he did care. I've put in the effort and it's not up to me whether he wants to be apart of my life or not. It's up to him whether it's important or not to be my friend too. I've given in to the fact that nothing may ever happen. I don't chase after dreams that I can't see clearly and I don't hang onto people who want me to let go. If someone wants to come back, they will turn back and I'll still be there. The troublesome thing with me is that I'm the type of person who'd still be on the corner of the street when you're ready to come running back. Of course I miss him. It's my life and I chose to miss him. Maybe I was that one good friend, but keyword? Was. Because now, he's mine. Miracle? Yes.

I know. This doesn't seem like letting go, but in my opinion it is. It's giving space and giving a chance for whatever wants to fall into place to just happen. Whatever is truly meant to happen will find its own way and that is why life isn't something we can calculate. Life is meant to be lived and there is no sole reason but to live. As I told my friend today, you've got a life and you just need to live it up.