Monday, January 2, 2012

Another new year, alhamdulillah.


This post was meant to be posted on New Years Eve, but I gave it thought. I gave it a lot of thought: more than a day to ponder what my big blog post would be. I spent many showers, many hours, thinking of what to write about. I also had moments where I thought, screw it. I'll just make it a simple happy new years post. But I couldn't... There was way too much in my mind that was just about to burst about the year of 2011.

2011. Something of the past. So much change, so much love, so much hate. I can easily tell you that the year of 2011 was no doubt the very best. 1 out of 17 years of my life deemed the best. That should tell you a lot. There were so many things that were brought into my life in such little time, and so many people were introduced who would soon become very meaningful to me. And of course, it is the best because SPM is over, hooray! :-)

Change. I have become a child to a young adult. I have yet to acquire full maturity, and I hope that I never will. Being a child is fun, but being an adult is important. There has been so much change from 2010-2011. Looking back, I remembered where I was almost one year ago, I was someone else. I've changed. And everything has changed.

2011 had its tough times. I've lost so many friends. There are people who I miss so much, knowing that it'll never be how it used to be. There are so many people who I have lost communication with, and I will hope that I will never forget anyone who has ever even touched my life. I met a boy, the one who become more than friend. I made best friends. I lost them. I hung around a bad crowd. There were just so many things that were wrong and bad in my life, but that was my best year at school. It was like a switch from hell to on Earth, still far from heaven.

I'm beginning to feel a bit nostalgic. Then again, who wouldn't be? There were so many emotional moments that happened, so many events that were regarded as amazing. So many firsts, so many lasts. I can't even begin a list of events that I would think were meaningful. I can try, however, and the list begins with friends. I have met so many new people this year than I ever have prior to this year, so many people who brought change in my life. Most importantly, my relationship with family is getting better. A safe heaven for when I need to retreat, is there for me with open arms. I can tell you that I love every member of this one large family. They will always be there for me no matter what the circumstances. I'm not sure that many of you can say the same, that they have an entire community there to back you up when the going gets tough. I will never forget the immense love that we have for one another, and the deep emotions that we have. I've never met such brothers and sisters who were so open and loving. These peeps are whom I love to be around with, and I hope that it’s the same the other way around. Without them, I'd be nothing: a lonely soul battling through life. This family accepted me. They know and love me for who I am. I'm truly lucky to have met such wonderful people (although sometimes they're annoying as shit, heh)

I would love to talk about specifics, but I know that would just take way too long. Gosh, it's so much. I really, really pray and wish that I will never forget any of the life-changing moments, such inspiring events that I have experienced this year. And most importantly, I am thankful that I have been introduced to God.

This year, it will about who I am, what I will learn, and what I will become.
I'm not sure that I'm ready to tackle it, but I must. 2011 was a thing of the past, it's time to focus on the present and the future. I hope that I will, in fact, be able to write about the end of 2012, and the beginning of a whole new 2013. I wonder what this year has in store of me.

My resolution:
To change someone's life, for the better.

Among of everything, one of the best thing I have in 2011 is him. Sayang, thank you x